Inspecting Your Home’s Foundation
Get a diagnosis from a foundation repair expert to fix the foundation problem. A thorough inspection of a foundation is highly recommended to help deal with:
- Any cracks in the floors or walls of the foundation, which could lead to displacement, such as shifting, sinking or heaving.
- Any cracks in the floors or walls that get bigger
- A tilting or bowing wall, especially inwards
- Any cracked bricks on the exterior of the building
- Cracks or shifted concrete slabs, found on patios, garages or sidewalks
- A shifted or sunk pre-cast stairway on the exterior of the building
While you may recognize a problem, you will need an foundation repair expert to inspect it. This will help locate the conditions that have caused any of the problems to appear, since they are not always obvious. Too many people simply fill in the cracks and treat the symptoms rather than the source of the problem. By covering the damage that appears, homeowners fail to get to the roof of the problem – this allows the damage to worsen and foundation issues to continue to grow.
Tips For A Successful Foundation Inspection
- Wait and hope that the problem will just go away
- Call a general contractor for a structural evaluation
- Expect that a simple cosmetic repair, like sealing a crack, will offer a permanent solution
- Assume that you will need to demolish the foundation to solve the issue
- Schedule an inspection from a foundation professional as soon as you see the problem
- Make sure the inspection is completed by a specialist in foundation repairs
- Monitor and note any changes that have happened in the foundation problem, such as the size of the crack changing
- Make sure that there is clear access to the damaged section so the inspector can do a complete job
Get a free inspection of your damaged foundation from an expert at Edens Structural Solutions in Tulsa
Edens Structural Solutions has a team of foundation repair specialists. Each repair contractor has inspected, evaluated, and fixed hundreds of foundation problems in the Tulsa and Oklahoma areas. Edens Structural Solutions does recommend homeowners hire a structural engineer to make sure your problem is correctly identified.
After a free inspection from a Edens, we will explain problems that have created the issue. We will offer advice on the best way to treat the problem in the most cost-effective and permanent manner. We help to avoid the disruption and expense of knocking down walls or demolishing elements; we use anchors, concrete lifting foam, and foundation piers to return walls and slabs back to their original position. Contact Edens Structural Solutions today for a free foundation estimate for your Tulsa area home!