Inspecting Your Home’s Foundation
Get a diagnosis from an expert to fix that foundation problem. A thorough inspection of a foundation is highly recommended to help deal with:
- Any cracks in the floors or walls of the foundation, which could lead to displacement, such as shifting, sinking or heaving
- Any cracks in the floors or walls that get bigger
- A tilting or bowing wall, especially inwards
- Floors that are uneven, bouncy or sinking that is above a crawl space
- Any cracked bricks on the exterior of the building
- Cracks or shifted concrete slabs, including on patios, garages or sidewalks
- A shifted or sunk precast stairway on the exterior of the building
- Any damage to a retaining wall
While you may recognize a problem, you will need an foundation expert to inspect it. This will help locate the conditions that have caused any of the problems to appear, since they are not always obvious. Too many people fill in the cracks and treat the symptoms instead of the reason for the problem. Just treating damage that appears will not help as root of the problem will continue to get worse and symptoms will reoccur.
Tips For A Successful Foundation Inspection
- Wait and hope that the problem will just go away
- Call for a general contractor for a quick structural evaluation
- Expect that a simply cosmetic repair, like sealing a crack, will offer a permanent solution
- Assume that you will need to demolish the foundation to solve the issue
- Schedule an inspection from a professional as soon as you see the problem
- Make sure the inspection is completed by a specialist in foundation repairs
- Monitor and note any changes that have happened in the foundation problem, such as the size of the crack changing
- Make sure that there is clear access to the damaged section so the inspector can do a complete job
Get a free inspection of your damaged foundation from an expert at Edens Structural Solutions in Tulsa
Contractors with Edens Structural Solutions are part of a team of specialists in foundation repairs. Each contractor has inspected, evaluated and fixed hundreds of problems with foundations around Tulsa and Oklahoma. Edens Structural Solutions also has the assistance of structural engineers to make sure your problem is correctly identified.
After a free inspection from a foundation expert, we will explain problems related to the soil and anything structural that has created the issue. We will offer advice on the best way to treat the problem in the most cost-effective and permanent manner. We help to avoid the disruption and expense of knocking down walls or demolishing elements; we use anchors, concrete lifting foam, and foundation piers to return walls and slabs back to their original position. Contact Edens Structural Solutions today for a free foundation inspection estimate for your Tulsa home!